God provides for all people, the good and the bad. He causes the rain to fall on the just and the unjust. He endows all parents with the grace to hear and respond to their children’s request for bread. So what difference does it make to be Christian?
I wrestled with this question as I prayed and mulled and read about Jehovah Jireh. Here’s some things I came up with…
4 Ways we receive and provide as Christ-followers
- We seek all we need from our Father who cares perfectly for each of us.
- We recognize God as our provider and thank him for every good and perfect gift we receive, knowing that all we have comes from him.
- We follow Jesus’s teachings and examples by receiving from the Father and giving to the world.
- We provide for others through the power, love and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
God is Provider and we, made in his image and likeness, filled with his Spirit, receive gratefully from him and give generously to the world into which he’s called us.
My Jehovah Jireh Images
I’ve chosen a few images that spoke to me about God as Provider and people and providers. I’ve added just a few words to explain a bit of my thinking. I encourage you to find your own images, and in choosing them, draw God’s truth deeper into your heart and hands.
- How do you see God through the metaphor He’s chosen for us?
- What do you sense God saying to you, personally, today?
Add your images to the story
If you’d like to add your images to the slide set, just email them to me and I’ll gratefully add them in. Kate.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the conversations on FaceBook
We’re also sharing our images on FaceBook. #SanteGodImages. It’s wonderful to see the different ways each of us ‘sees’ God.
Share this post with your friends
Use the links below to share this post with your friends.