Fall 2017: Santé Knowing Jesus through HIS Story eGroups
6 Week Fully interactive on-line Santé group
Who’s this group for?
For Christ-followers who want to see Jesus afresh through His story.
What will we do?
We’ll explore 4 gospel stories and a psalm. Between meetings, each participant will explore our Jesus story for the week using scripture, prayer, and a specific method for praying with the story. We’ll learn and use 5 different methods of praying with scripture. You’ll need Bible, a journal, and an open heart.
We’ll meet once a week via Internet video conferencing. When we meet, we’ll each share our prayer experience of Jesus. Then, I’ll introduce our next Jesus story and the method of prayer we’ll be using.
September to October, 2017 Knowing Jesus in HIS Story eGroups
Each group will meet for 1 hour each week for 6 weeks.
- On Line using Join.me. I’ll send you a link and connection information when you register. (Join.me works with a PC, MAC, Android, and iPhone.)
- You’ll need a camera & a microphone or a camera and a telephone (call in numbers provided)
Each member’s full participation is a gift to the group. Before you register, please make sure you can participate in this group. Here’s what’s involved:
- Participate in each of the group gatherings.
- Read and pray with the story each week (20 – 40 minutes).
- Share your own experiences with the group.
- Listen prayerfully as others share their experiences.
This group is the first in a series and is open to all. However, each group is limited to 6 people. So we’re requesting a $10 registration fee, just to give you a chance to make sure you really want to participate in this group. After the group, we’ll pass the virtual hat so that we can keep offering these kinds of groups!
Enter your information in the contact form (http://santeministries.org/contact/). Let us know which group you’d like to join. We’ll confirm your registration and ask you to donate $5 to ensure your seat.
Remember: Each group is limited to 6 people.
Benefits of participating
Each participant will experience a unique set of benefits. Here’s some phrases others have used:
- It was so great to be able to participate in a group from my home.
- It really helped me connect more deeply with Jesus.
- I was surprised at how we were able to experience real fellowship on the internet.
- This group helped me see how much God loves me.
- God really helped me recognize my anxiety and begin to overcome it.
- I realized God’s specific direction for me through this group.
- This was just life-changing for me!
- The technology was difficult, but the group was such a blessing.
- I’ll never read scripture the same way.
Kate McCord lived and worked in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2013. During her years in country, she worked as a humanitarian aid worker, delivering projects to benefit the people of Afghanistan. She also learned the local language and developed deep and lasting friendships with local Afghans.
Prior to moving to Afghanistan, Ms. McCord worked in the international corporate community as a business process and strategy consultant.
Currently, Ms. McCord serves Christ through writing, speaking, conducting workshops and seminars and providing spiritual direction. She’s also the author of “In the Land of Blue Burqas”, “Why God Calls us to Dangerous Places” and a novel – “Farewell Four Waters”, all on Moody Publishers.
Kate can be found on the web at www.storytellerkm.com