Santé Ministries Spiritual Direction Service
Santé Ministries provides personal, confidential, one-on-one spiritual direction with a trained spiritual director via on-line video technology. Regular 50 minute sessions are available on Tuesday and Thursday, mornings, afternoons and evenings (US East Coast time).
What is Spiritual Direction?
Spiritual Direction is a relationship that enables and encourages you to grow in your personal relationship with Christ. In Spiritual Direction, the Holy Spirit is the true director. The Spiritual Director acts as your companion and guide to help you recognize the movement of God within your own life. Spiritual direction is not mentoring, counseling, coaching or therapy. Instead, the Spiritual Director creates a sacred space for you to explore God within you and to assist you in finding God in all things.
Who is Spiritual Direction for?
Spiritual Direction is for those who want to deepen their personal relationship with God. It’s for those who experience their faith as strong and vibrant as well as for those who are currently struggling with their faith. It requires only a hunger for God, personal honesty and a desire to grow.
What does a Spiritual Direction session look like?
We explore God in the context of our daily lives; family relationships, physical health, work, joys, fears, doubts and faith, everything. In Spiritual Direction meetings, we consider day to day experiences, prayer experiences or discernment opportunities and look for God’s presence, messages, and guidance. Your spiritual director will listen deeply and ask questions to help you reflect on who you are in Christ and who Christ is within you. Your director may also provide suggestions for further reflection, prayer, or activities to help you grow in your relationship with God.
What are the benefits of participating in Spiritual Direction?
Through Spiritual Direction, you will:
- Recognize more clearly what God is saying and doing in and through you.
- Grow in spiritual and emotional health.
- Develop greater discernment of the Spirit and spirits influencing you.
- Learn to live more fully in God’s love and truth.
Santé Spiritual Director; Kate McCord
Kate McCord is:
- An experienced Spiritual Director.
- Trained through West Virginia Institute for Spirituality (Spiritual Director’s International Certified).
- An Evangelical Christian committed to pursuing intimacy with Christ and ministering to others from that intimacy.
- In regular, on-going Spiritual Direction & Supervision.
Deciding to meet with a Spiritual Director
Spiritual Direction is gift that enriches the lives of participants. The consideration of Spiritual Direction starts with a simple prayer; is this something God is inviting me into in this season of my life? Am I ready to make a commitment to spiritual growth through Spiritual Direction and meet with my director on a regular basis?
Requesting your first meeting
- Complete the contact form http://santeministries.org/contact/#.
- Kate will contact you via email to schedule a free 20 minute initial session. You will also choose a meeting platform.
- During the first session, you and your director will get to know one another and explore the benefits and limitations of spiritual direction for you.
- After your first session, you’ll decide if you want to continue to pursue spiritual direction with Santé.
- If you choose to continue, you’ll contact Kate via email to schedule subsequent 50 minute sessions.
Typically, you’ll meet with your director monthly. However, during times of transition or when beginning with a spiritual director, you’ll meet with your director twice monthly.
Meetings last for 50 minutes.
Meetings occur over Skype, VSEE, Facebook Skype, or Google Talk. (Note: Apple FaceTime is not available). Phone, audio only or chat meetings are not available.
Your first spiritual direction meeting is free.
- Standard rate is $60 per session.
- Discount are available:
- 25% Discount for full time and transitional missionaries and pastors ($45 per session)
- 75% Discount for full time students ($15 per session)
Payment can be made via PayPal through the Santé Ministries website (major credit cards or PayPal accepted), or via paper check.
Commitment to privacy
Spiritual Direction is a deeply personal journey. Therefore, what you share is between you, your director and God.
Ending Spiritual Direction
Either you or your director may discontinue spiritual direction at any time.