Here’s another Kingdom of Heaven micro-story, the third in our series. We’ll be post these twice a week; Mondays and Thursdays, until Father’s day.
Between now and Father’s day, we’ll post each Kingdom parable micro-story in audio form both here, on the Santé website, and in our FB Community Group.
Our conversations are taking place in our FaceBook “Santé Community Group”. There, we’re sharing our thoughts, impressions and reflections with one another. You’re more than welcome to join the conversation, but remember, you don’t need FaceBook to listen to the stories.
How we’re doing this…
We’re casting the scene of Jesus’s Kingdom parables into our world; coffee shops, back porches, leafy parks…the normal places we might find ourselves in our day to day lives. Then, we’re sharing Jesus’s Kingdom parables. We’re not modernizing the parables or changing the metaphors Jesus used, but we are expressing his parable with our own words, just as each of us would if we were talking with a friend. Then, we’re just listening to each parable in our own context. No exegeses. No teaching. No application. Just listening to Jesus’s parables.
- Each micro-story and parable is recorded in audio format and posted both here on the Santé website and in our FaceBook “Santé Community Group.” The recordings are super-short, under 2 minutes of audio. Each parable post also includes a picture. (you can find the first parable at the end of this post)
- Participants listen to the audio and mull the story.
- Those in the FaceBook group might post a few thoughts about what they noticed in listening to the story. We’re reading each other’s posts and finding our own experience and perceptions deepening.
- On FaceBook, we’re using the hashtag: #santekingdom2017 to help us find all the threads.
Note: If you’re on a any social media platform, you can certainly share these micro-stories and invite your friends to engage in your own conversations.
How to hear the story…
On our Santé website
We’ll post each micro-story and the picture we’ve chosen right here on the Santé website. If you’re ‘following’ this website, you’ll get a notification each time a micro-story is posted. The first story is posted below. You just click on the audio play button.
In our “Santé Community” FaceBook group.
You can hear the story on our “Santé Community” FaceBook group.
How to join the conversation…
- Find our door: Our FB Santé Community Group can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SanteCommunity/
- Knock: This is a “closed” group which means that our posts are all protected from the wild and sometimes not so wonderful FaceBook world. It also means that we’ll need to open the door to welcome you. We’re happy to do that.
- Join our conversation: You can scroll through our group posts or just search on #santekingdom2017 to find our posts. You’ll find an introductory video, individual micro-story audio posts, pictures and conversations.
If you have trouble finding, knocking or joining, contact us and we’ll help you out. We’d love to have you!